***** CANCELLED *****
YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION May 14, 2020
Sponsored by Portneuf Medical Center
1st Place $1,000
2nd Place $750
3rd Place $500
Jensen Grand Concert Hall
at the Stephens Performing Arts Center
Pianists who have graduated from high school and are residents of Idaho or study at an Idaho institution. A First Place winner from last year must wait until next year to compete again.
Thursday, May 14, beginning at 6:00 pm
· Contestants will play at least two memorized solo pieces totaling 20-30 minutes, representing more than one historical era. No concerti are allowed.
· Only copyrighted, published music may be performed.
· Any movement of a sonata or suite can count as one piece, and repeats may be omitted.
· Scholarship Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the auditions on May 14.
YOUNG ARTIST RECOMMENDATION
· A Recommendation from the current teacher or a professional musician, certifying the age and residency or university status of the contestant, must be emailed to Musicians West at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 4.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (208)251-8051