YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION May 12, 2020
Register at www.musicianswestregister.com
1st Place $1,000
2nd Place $750
3rd Place $500
Jensen Grand Concert Hall at the Stephens Performing Arts Center
Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho
Pianists who have graduated from high school or equivalent and are residents of Idaho or study at an Idaho institution.
Thursday, May 12, beginning at 6:00 pm
· Contestants will play at least two memorized solo pieces totaling 20-30 minutes, representing more than one historical era. No concerti are allowed.
· Only copyrighted, published music may be performed.
· Any movement of a sonata or suite can count as one piece, and repeats may be omitted.
· Scholarship Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the auditions on May 12.
YOUNG ARTIST RECOMMENDATION
· A Recommendation from the current teacher or a professional musician, certifying the age and residency or university status of the contestant, must be emailed to Musicians West at email@example.com no later than May 5.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (208)251-8051