PRE-COLLEGE COMPETITION May 11-13, 2023
Teacher must register at www.musicianswestregister.com
Deadline is May 1, 2023. Registration fee is $40.
Stephens Performing Arts Center
Idaho State University Fine Arts Building
Idaho piano students in grades 1-12, age 6-18
Friday, May 12 3:00 - 7:00 pm
Saturday, May 13 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, May 13
3:00 pm (Primary, Elementary, Intermediate 1)
6:30 pm (Intermediate 2, Advanced 1, Advanced 2)
· Contestants will play two memorized solo pieces.
· Maximum Preliminary Audition time allowances : Primary-Intermediate 2: ten minutes
Advanced 1 & 2: fifteen minutes.
· Repeats in the music may be omitted.
· Composers from any of the major historical eras may be represented. Students should program the types of pieces they play best, even if they are from the same historical era.
· Only copyrighted, published music may be performed. No concerti are allowed.
· Any movement of a sonata, sonatina or suite can count as one piece.
· Final decisions regarding Levels will be at the discretion of the Directors, in order to give contestants their best advantage. A list of representative repertoire for each Level from past competitions is available here.
· Memorization is required in all phases of the competition.
· An original copy of the music must be provided for the adjudicator. Teacher’s markings in the music need not be erased, and measure numbers are required. Students and teachers need not be members of any local or national organization to qualify, but students and/or teachers must be residents of the state of Idaho.
· Each Finalist will perform one memorized piece at the Competition Finals, in an open concert setting at Jensen Grand Concert Hall.
· Adjudicator will choose the Competition Finals piece after hearing the Preliminary Audition.
· A piece longer than 8 minutes may be subject to abridgement for the Competition Finals.
For more information email email@example.com or call (208)251-8051