YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION May 11, 2023
Register at www.musicianswestregister.com
Deadline is May 1, 2023. Registration fee is $50.
1st Place $1,500
2nd Place $1,250
3rd Place $1,000
Jensen Grand Concert Hall at the Stephens Performing Arts Center
Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho
Pianists who have graduated from high school or equivalent and are residents of Idaho or study at an Idaho institution.
Thursday, May 11, beginning at 6:00 pm
· Contestants will play at least two memorized solo pieces totaling 20-30 minutes, representing more than one historical era. No concerti are allowed.
· Only copyrighted, published music may be performed.
· Any movement of a sonata or suite can count as one piece, and repeats may be omitted.
· Scholarship Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the auditions on May 11.
YOUNG ARTIST RECOMMENDATION
· A Recommendation from the current teacher or a professional musician, certifying the age and residency or university status of the contestant, must be emailed to Mark Neiwirth at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 5, 2023.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (208)251-8051